Are you in the market for a completely new smile but don’t want to deal with traditional removable dentures? Due to new dental technology and appliances, we can completely replace your smile permanently. All-on-4 dental implants is a complete tooth replacement procedure that utilizes dental implants, artificial teeth, and artificial acrylic gums. When a patient is missing most of their teeth on one dental arch or both, they can choose to have their new denture attached to their mouth through implants.
It is called All-on-4 dental implants because the entire artificial arch of teeth can be attached to the jawbone with four or more dental implants.
What is a Dental Implant?
An implant is a titanium rod or screw surgically implanted into the jawbone. We strategically place it where a tooth needs to be replaced or in the area that will support the new row of teeth. We use implants in multiple restorative and cosmetic procedures in our office, including:
- Single tooth replacements that utilize a dental crown
- Dental bridges that replace one or more teeth in a row
Dental implants are the best option if you want a permanent and strong tooth replacement. After we surgically place the dental implant, it takes six months to heal and assimilate into the bone. Assimilation, also known as osseointegration, will allow the implant to remain strong and sturdy.
Who can have All-on-4 Dental Implants?
For most people, All-on-4 dental implants are best when most of your teeth are missing or weak. If you have more natural, solid teeth than weak ones, we do not recommend getting All-on-4 dental implants.
When acquiring All-on-4 dental implants in Mountain View, Wyoming, the first thing you need to do is meet with Dr. Irene at Blacks Fork Dental for a consultation. He will examine your teeth, surrounding tissues and structures, and take any necessary pictures in your consultation appointment. One of the most important things you need to have for implants is adequate, healthy bone in your jawbone.
Not having adequate, healthy bone in your jawbone may complicate the procedure and long-term success of the permanent implants. Upon discovering a low-density jawbone, you still have the option to improve it. Bone grafts are one way to get a more dense jawbone.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
Dentures have been helping patients have a complete smile for years, and they have made life easier for so many. Although traditional dentures are sustainable and popular, patients have started leaning towards the All-on-4 dental implants for reasons including:
- Permanent: Traditional dentures can be removed whenever necessary or wanted, but sometimes they can even slip when not intended. We create them to suction onto the ridge of the gums, but many times they come loose. Dental implants allow the denture to be firm and secured in place.
- Low Maintenance: Once we have placed the implants, tissues have healed, and dentures have been secured, minor extra maintenance is needed. We still recommend that our patients brush and floss their teeth twice a day to keep them clean and their mouths healthy.
- Improves Oral Health: Implants allow stimulation from chewing to be passed into the jawbone. With stimulation, the jawbone will remain healthy and will not deteriorate away.
Depending on what you are looking for in a smile replacement, All-on-4 dental implants may be the right choice for you.
Learn More Today
There are so many benefits to learning about All-on-4 dental implants and how they can serve you. If you have any questions or concerns about the procedure or how they work, please feel free to reach out to our office at (307) 782-3630. Our team at Blacks Fork Dental are happy to serve you in any way we can.